Monday, September 15, 2008
Well, here am nearly 3 weeks from the emotional roller coaster I was on last time. God has gently surprised me by allowing me to be emotionally stable during this time, and I have not experienced too many low times (aside from having to say good-bye in Calgary) since my last post.
I have been at PACA for 2 1/2 weeks and am loving it! I have 24 wonderful students who have made the transition very easy for me-they were warm and very excited to have me here. They have responded well to my teaching style and continue to endear themselves to me each and every day. I see God mightily at work in them-some of them have such a deep understanding for spiritual ideas and concepts. They ask probing questions that really make me think. I am thrilled whenever they discuss or ask about ideas beyond the basics-questions about how we know God is real, how we know that Jesus lives in us, how we can be better witnesses to our families and friends, where God came from, who created God. I love being the challenge of explaining these things and having to search within myself for my own experience of who God is.
The staff has also been a wonderful blessing. They have been praying for me since before school started and have welcomed me so warmly. Everyone seems to know who I am and is so gracious when I fail to remember their names! I am getting better, though, and I'm thankful for that! :)
I live in a huge, beautiful house with two other women, and we are awaiting the arrival of our 4th housemate. She, too, is waiting on her visa. We're hoping she gets here soon!
The weather. Now there is one thing I wasn't ready for. We have had all four seasons repeatedly since I arrived. Today and for what looks like the rest of the week it is winter. And when I say winter, I don't necessary mean snow. What makes winter here difficult is that the buildings are not heated. So basically if it is 55 degrees outside, it is only slightly warmer than 55 degrees inside. So you wear everything you have and try to keep warm. But, spring is literally around the corner, and after that it'll be summer. Then, I might wish for cooler weather. I'll let you know!
Stay tuned for more, coming soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment